On Placing A Order
A deposit of 50% of the estimated value of the granite, including Templating, Fitting and Transport costs is required.
Great care is taken in the selection of materials used for each client. Materials are 100% natural and, as such, some of these materials may contain natural variations in colour and pitting. Where treatment or repair is necessary, this will be carried out.
A deposit of 50% is required when placing an order with the balance payable upon installation.
The following information is principally designed to address issues that arise when specifying and working with granite work surfaces.
1. All reasonable effort should be made by the customer to ensure that cabinets are secured firmly to the wall, are level and have sufficient braces. It is imperative that carcasses are not moved after the template has been agreed. Measurements taken at that time are crucial to ensure the granite fits correctly when installed. It is also advisable to ensure the floor can support the weight. When handling granite, the fitters are extremely careful, however no responsibility can be taken for damage to cupboard fronts or wall fixings and we would advise customers to remove them prior to fitting and/or remedial work.
2. Most granite supplied by AHB Granite is 30mm in thickness and most hobs supplied by manufacturers are in excess of this measurement. In the event that the fitters need to alter the cabinets by routing / cutting out sections or providing extra braces the fitters reserve the right to charge an extra £50.00 per cabinet at time of installation.
3. Templating / granite fabrication is not an exact science and slight tolerances in both overhangs and thickness are to be expected. Our fitting team may also need to chop out plaster. Every care is made when conducting such operations, however AHB Granite does not take any responsibility for repairing walls and it is the responsibility of the customer to repair these areas. Walls are rarely straight and as such natural wall gaps may occur. It is therefore advisable to have splash backs fitted unless the customer intends to tile.
Cut outs: Information supplied by the customer such as cut out dimensions, overhangs, splash backs, and positioning of cut outs given to AHB Granite at the time of templating or subsequently given by other methods of communication is the customer's responsibility and no liability whatsoever can be taken for incorrectly advised dimensions.
4. Some flexing can occur on unsupported joints, which can result in them opening and repairs may be necessary. However, this can be exasperated by owners standing on their stone surfaces and sometimes may lead to the granite surface to crack or break.
5. POROSITY IN GRANITE. Granite surfaces can stain and are not impervious to damage. However, they can easily last a life time if properly cared for
6. Granite surfaces are treated at the factory prior to dispatch with a water repellent protecting it from excessive staining. However, it is not a ‘cure all’ and care must be taken to ensure any spilt liquids are mopped up immediately such as hot oil, lemon juice, wine, detergents, alcohol and acidic or alkaline substances. Any lit or recently extinguished cigarettes must also be removed from the granite surface immediately. Stones cannot be rendered impervious to all marking and staining.
7. For a long lasting finish, granite should be treated at regular intervals. Please view the AHB Granite website for recommended cleaning, polishing, and sealing products.
8. AHB Granite provides not only polished surfaces for kitchens, but also honed finishes, which can be appropriate for fireplaces.
9. Once a customer's granite is fitted, no responsibility can be taken by AHB Granite for cracks or fissures appearing. To ensure the granite does not crack, AHB granite recommends a chopping board is used as a preparation centre and advise to take care not to drop heavy objects onto its surface.
10. AHB Granite can supply small samples of material (a charge is made for this service to cover postage and packing). However, it must be remembered Granite is a natural element and can vary in colour. It is for this reason AHB granite cannot guarantee the colouring or character of stone delivered and fitted, as an exact match to any sample offered.
11. Granite is by its very nature a very dense and heavy material and weighs in excess of 90 kilos per square meter. Therefore lengths in excess of 3 metres will not be provided. AHB Granite also reserves the right to add joints where it feels necessary commensurate with health and safety guidelines and accessibility.
All materials supplied remain the property of the company until full and final payment has been acknowledged.
Any variations in our terms and conditions of business can only be agreed, in writing, by Andrew Harris-Brunger.
To be added;
• Template fee of a min of £176.25 Inc Vat is a non-refundable payment to hold the time slot for templating to be carried out.
• Any late payments will be subject to interest charges of a minimum of 10% or to a percentage of at least 4% over the Bank of England base rate on the outstanding amount, whichever is greater.
• Any returned or rejected payments will incur an administration fee of £50
• If a problem should occur with any pieces AHB Granite accepts that the customer may hold back the value of the piece to a maximum of 10% of the remaining balance, i.e. £2,000 to pick up on installation, the maximum that may be held back is £200.
Stone Worktop Warranty
AHB Interiors warrants stone worktops for 12 months against defects in workmanship.
This warranty applies to stone correctly installed in its original location. It does not cover workmanship of third party installers or DIY orders.
The stone for your worktop has been carefully selected from premium quality stone slabs from the same block or batch to be free from defects and has been machined, prepared, polished, treated and approved by our craftsmen to ensure your worktop is a quality item to be proud of for many years to come with the right care and attention to maintenance.
Stone products will include natural imperfections. These imperfections are not defects in the material. Colours and patterns will vary from one piece of stone to another. No two pieces will be exactly the same. So we cannot guarantee the colour or character of stone delivered and/or fitting will be an exact match to any sample previously offered.
The surface of the stone is not totally smooth - there are pits, fissures, eyes, chips and gaps. These cannot be polished out, as it is the natural state of the stone. We reserve the right to use chemical or resinous fillers, some of which may already be present in the stone worktop to affect any repairs.
Stone worktops do sometimes incur slight variations in thickness so a 2mm tolerance either side of the ordered thickness of the worktop is required. This tolerance is industry standard and is usually not noticeable in the final product. The stone itself, being a natural product, is not as such covered by this or any other warranty.
All natural stone is porous and must be sealed regularly. Some stones are more porous than others. This is not a defect of the stone, it is a natural characteristic. Your stone worktops are sealed where appropriate prior to installation to resist staining. You will need to ensure a suitable sealer is re-applied regularly as appropriate. However this does not mean they are guaranteed not to stain. Care should be taken to ensure that materials likely to cause staining (such as acidic fruit like lemon, lime, vinegar based sauces, abrasive cleaning products, bleach etc) are kept away from direct contact with the stone worktop.
Any claim made against this warranty should be submitted in writing. Upon acceptance that the claim against the warranty is valid:
- We will, at our option, repair or replace the affected item at no expense to the purchaser. This does not extend to cover associated expenses such as plumbing, electrical, cabinetry, flooring, walls or any other costs that may be incurred in the repair or replacement of an item covered by this warranty.
- If replacement of the stone is deemed necessary, replacement will be made with a stone, as nearly identical as reasonably possible to the original stone in colour, grain and grade.
This warranty specifically excludes defects or damages caused by the following:
- Customer abuse or misuse of the surface and failure to maintain stone properly, in accordance with our recommendations given to each customer after completion of the job.
- Stains and/or discoloration, dark spots or fissures which are naturally occurring in the stone.
- Normal spotting or discoloration caused by acidic liquid spills on the surface.
- Customer use of abrasive or inappropriate cleaning materials on the stone surface.
- Scratches to stone surfaces caused by sharp instruments.
- Chipping or cracking due to heavy objects being dropped on the stone surface.
- Cracking caused by sitting or standing on the worktop.